Pre & Postnatal Physiotherapy Services In Katong, Singapore
Sometimes pregnancy and the postnatal period is not all smooth sailing and know that we are here to help. We are passionate about partnering with our women during pregnancy to lead them through their best pregnancy and postnatal recovery.
Our bodies are strong and adaptable, however due to the hormonal fluctuations (aka ‘pregnancy soup’) you may notice your abdominal wall lengthening, rib cage expanding, the pelvis widening, pelvic floor muscles under more strain, slowing down of bowel movements and more frequent trips to the bathroom.
These essential changes may give rise to common discomforts and inconveniences that can benefit from working with a women’s health physiotherapist. If it bothers you, reach out to our team.
We Can Help With
Wrist pain– carpal tunnel syndrome or De Quervains
Lower back pain or Sciatica
Pelvic girdle pain
Individualised movement and exercise in pregnancy
Constipation or bowel changes
Pregnancy pelvic floor assessment
Group exercise class
Perineal tears/ episiotomy or c-section scar tissue healing.
Mastitis and blocked ducts
Return to exercise
OASIs (3rd and 4th degree tears)
What to expect from your appointment
- A thorough assessment and individualised management plan
- Assessment of pelvic floor function via an internal vaginal examination or real-time ultrasound
- Goal setting
- Educate you on lifestyle factors that may be contributing to your symptoms
- Use hands-on techniques to help ease your concerns including internal pelvic floor releases
- Optimal breathing and Mindfulness strategies
- Teach you exercises that help you move forward
- Empower you to manage flare ups when things are tough
- Work with your doctor or health professional
- Refer you to relevant health professionals that can help address your concerns